As you might have noticed, I like to work out. Whether that’s with my trainer Mark, a 30 minute HIIT session, or a yoga class, I try and exercise four times a week. So as you can imagine, I go through quite a lot of gym gear over the course of a week. I actually have to do a dedicated wash to get them all clean. So clothes that are long lasting, comfortable and supportive are the most important things for me. When I buy new gym gear, I generally put it through its paces with a strength and conditioning work out where my body is full engaged. That way I check if each piece does what it says it does.
I have some recent favourite collections like the fitness ranges from New Look, H&M and Primark which are all affordable and stylish too. But I also invest in some premium pieces, like running leggings from Nike and training tops from Adidas that I’ve had for years. But it’s down to what kind of training you do that will determine what you wear. For yoga I love high waisted fitted training pants that don’t move at all with the varying poses. For running I start with a good sports bra and t-shirt with wicking fabric to draw away any moisture. And for HIIT, well anything that helps me keep cool is always a good option. Anyway, below are some of my favourite work out pieces, as well as a quick HIIT work out (developed by my pal Nicola who is a PT) to help inspire your next session!
Fit in floral
Black on black
- Perform each exercise for 30 seconds back to back
- Once you have finished the circuit, rest for 30-60 seconds and repeat the full circuit 5-7 times
- Remember to take time to warm up and cool down after, look after your body!
- If you are unsure of how to perform any of these exercises, perhaps save the workout for a later date or change it to something you do know how to do safely.
WARM UP (5-10mins)
- Star jumps
- Lunges or alternate lunge jumps
- High knee running
- Squats or squat jumps
(Repeat the whole circuit 5-7 times)
COOL DOWN (5-10mins)